Serves 8 - Prep 30 minutes - cooling & 40 mins chilling - Cooking 50 minutes
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp lemon rind
1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp brandy
250 g blueberries
Icing sugar, to dust
1 1/3 cups plain flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
150 g cold butter, chopped
1 egg, separated
1-2 tbsp iced water
- To make pastry, process flour, sugar, salt and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. With the motor running, add egg yolk and enough iced water to bring the dough together. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead into a ball. Flatten to a 20cm x 8cm rectangle. Cover in plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin until large enough to line a 12cm x 34cm fluted rectangular loose based tart tin. Line tin with pastry and fold excess over edge. Prick base with a fork. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan. Place tart shell on a baking tray. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights or rice and bake for a further 10 minutes. Beat egg white in a bowl and brush over tart shell.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl until combined. Whisk in the flour until smooth, then whisk in the milk and brandy until combined.
- Arrange blueberries in the tart shell. Pour over the milk mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar.
Per Serve: 401 Calories / 6.5g Protein / 17.8g Fat / 52.7g Carbs / 1.8g Fibre / 169mg Sodium