Serves: 4 Prep & Cooking - 20 minutes
150g (3/4 cup) wholemeal couscous
250ml (1 cup) boiling water
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
1 tablespoon white vinegar
225g haloumi, sliced
2 green shallots, thinly sliced
1 lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
Baby mint leaves, to serve
- Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the boiling water and 2 tsp of the oil. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes or until absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place the asparagus in a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain. Refresh under cold running water.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the vinegar. Reduce heat to low. Use a large spoon to stir water into a whirlpool. Carefully crack the eggs into whirlpool. Cook for 3 minutes for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Heat a chargrill on medium-high. Cook the haloumi, turning, for 1 minute or until charred. Place the couscous, asparagus, haloumi, shallot and rind in a bowl and toss gently to combine. Divide mixture among plates.
- Top salad with an egg. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the mint. Season. Serve with lemon wedges.