1 cup butter
2 cups caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs grated lemon zest
- Pre heat over to 175ºC.
- Grease Baker's secret Kugelhopf pan well.
- Cream butter and sugar together, beat in the eggs
- Sift the baking soda and flour and add to the creamed mixture alternatively with the yoghurt and vanilla essence (For variety you can add a cup of raisins or walnuts)
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 45 minutes
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing from Pan.