Serves 10 - Prep 25 min plus chilling - Cooking 30 min
200 g granita biscuits
1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
100 g butter, melted
397 g can Coles Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tbsp lime rind, finely grated
1/2 cup (125ml) lime juice
4 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg yolks
Lime zest, to serve
Whipped Coconut cream
270 ml can coconut cream
1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight to settle.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 22cm fluted tart pan with removable base. Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add coconut and butter and process until combined. Spoon into prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture evenly over the base and side of the pan. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Whisk the condensed milk, lime rind, lime juice and egg yolks together in a large bowl. Pour over the biscuit base. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly then place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the coconut cream, open the can of coconut cream and scoop the firm cream at the top into a bowl. Discard the clear-ish liquid at the bottom of can. Add thickened cream and icing sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat until soft peaks form.
- Place the key lime pie on a serving plate. Spoon the coconut cream over the pie. Sprinkle with lime zest to serve
Per Serve: 7g of protein - 28g fat (19g saturated fat) - 40g carb - 2g dietary fibre - 444 calories