Another recipe I was collecting in my cooking book, now on my Blog cooking book :)
Source for recipe and photo: Coles Magazine
Serves: 4 - Prep 20 minutes - Cooking 20 minutes
2 cups (240g) frozen peas
2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
1/2 cup (125ml) skim milk
100 g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
1 corn cob, husks removed, kernels removed
1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup coriander, coarsely chopped
Olive oil spray
Low-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Lime wedges, to serve
- Cook the peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Use a potato masher to crush until a coarse paste forms.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Gradually add the flour and milk, in alternating batches, stirring until combined. Add the peas and feta and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the corn salsa, cook the corn kernels in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Place in a bowl with the capsicum, avocado, lime juice and coriander and gently toss to combine. Season to taste.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray. Place over medium heat. Pour 4 x 1/4-cupfuls of batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden underneath and bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining batter.
- Divide the fritters among serving plates. Top with the corn salsa and a dollop of yoghurt. Serve with mixed salad leaves and lime wedges.
Per serve 22g Protein * 17g Fat * 36g Carbs * 8g Fibre * 400 Calories