I'm a bit obsessed with my Bundt Pan cause it's a fancy one I bought at Myers and good quality cookware makes such a big difference.
So I made several recipes. A few I haven't even tried yet, but cake is a cake, I know it will work.
I have spread them on the website.
So here is a combination that I LOVE; Olive Oil and Cake. Goes perfectly together.
This is basically the Yogurth Cake recipe but in the Bundt Pan.
180ml of Olive Oil
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of plain yoghurt (Greek - 250ml)
1 3/4 cup of self raising flour (450g)
rind of 2 oranges
1 cinnamon stick
70g confectionary sugar
40g White chocolate (or Milk will also make a nice one)
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven at 180º. Graze the Pan well.
- First, infuse the milk with half of the orange rind and the cinnamon stick and in another bowl infuse the yoghurt with the other half of the orange rind. Reserve.
- Using an electrix mixer, mix sugar and oil until well. combined. Add eggs and after well combined add the yoghurt mix.
- Add the flour, a bit at a time, until well combine. Don't over mix.
- Use a sieve to separate the rind and cinnamon from the milk and add to the mixture.
- Bake it for around 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool in a cooling rack before adding glaze.
- Just melt the chocolate in the microwave being careful not to burn it than add the other ingredients and mix well. Pour over cooled cake.