Another recipe I was collecting in my cooking book, now on my Blog cooking book :)
Serves: 4 Prep 10 minutes (+ Cooling time) Cooking 1 hour 10 minutes
4 (about 600g) firm, medium white peaches
1 cup (250ml) rosé wine
1 cup (250ml) water
1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
3 cardamom pods, bruised
1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
1 stick cinnamon
500 g reduced-fat vanilla yoghurt, to serve
1 tbsp pistachios, finely chopped, to serve
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a small cross in the base of each peach.
- Place the wine, water, sugar, cardamom, vanilla bean and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the peaches to the pan. Cover with a disc of baking paper to keep the peaches submerged in poaching liquid. Poach for 30 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 1 hour or until cool.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the peaches to a large bowl. Bring the poaching liquid to the boil over high heat and cook for 10 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly. Set the syrup aside to cool completely.
- Carefully remove the skin from peaches. Divide the peaches among serving platters. Drizzle over a little of the syrup. Serve with vanilla yoghurt and sprinkle with pistachios.