Serves: 8 - Prep 35 mins + chilling - Cooling 1 1/4 hours - freezable: Freeze the unbaked lasagne in the dish, wrapped tightly in several layers of plastic wrap, for up to a month. Thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Unwrap and stand at room temperature for 1 hour, then bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
900 g Naranka Gold Pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
2 x 400 g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
1/2 cup vegetable stock
690 g bottle Coles Brand Italian Tomato Passata
500 g ricotta
Good pinch ground nutmeg
375 g pkt fresh lasagne
120 g pkt baby spinach, trimmed, finely shredded
1 1/2 cups Coles Brand Australian Tasty Cheddar, grated
Rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 170°C fan. Grease a 26cm x 20cm x 6cm baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft and lightly golden. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add pumpkin, lentils and stock. Reserve 1 cup of the passata and stir the remaining passata into the pumpkin mixture. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the mixture is thick. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly, then refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to mash the ricotta in a bowl. Stir in nutmeg. Season.
- Line the base of the prepared dish with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spread over half the pumpkin mixture, then top with another layer of lasagne sheets. Sprinkle with the ricotta mixture and use damp fingertips to spread evenly. Top with spinach, then cover with another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread over the remaining pumpkin mixture, then top with remaining lasagne sheets. Spread over the reserved passata to cover completely. Sprinkle with cheddar. (To freeze, see Tip).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with rocket.
Per serve: 383 Cals / 20.9g protein / 15.9g of fat (9g sat fat) / 35.1g Carbs / 7.8g fibre.