Another recipe I was collecting in my cooking book, now on my Blog cooking book :)
Serves 4 - Prep & Cooking 45 minutes
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons sesame oil
60ml (1/4 cup) dry sherry
500g beef rump steak, fat trimmed, thinly sliced across the grain
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 tablespoon cold water
1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
1 white onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
2 bunches pak choy, leaves separated
2 cups steamed rice
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place garlic, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon sherry in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add steak. Stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Stir cornflour and water in a small bowl until cornflour dissolves. Stir in soy sauce and remaining sherry.
- Spray a large wok with oil. Heat over high heat. Stir-fry one-third of the steak for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining steak, reheating the wok between batches.
- Spray the wok with oil and heat over high heat. Stir-fry onion for 2 minutes. Add the capsicum and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add pak choy and stir-fry for 1 minute or until just wilted. Add the beef and soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Divide rice among dishes. Top with the beef mixture and sesame seeds.
Per serve: 37g protein * 8g Fat * 37g Carbs * 5g Fibre * 375 Calories