Another recipe I was collecting in my cooking book, now on my Blog cooking book :)
Serves 4 - prep cooking 40 minutes
60ml (1/4 cup) Cobram Light Flavour Intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
200g baby kale
1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
130g (1 1/4 cups) coarsely grated fresh mozzarella
150g reduced-fat smooth feta, crumbled
100g grape tomatoes, sliced
1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
8 multigrain tortillas
Baby kale, extra, to serve (optional)
Baby herbs, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 4 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and 2 1⁄4 tsp cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in kale for 4 minutes or until wilted. Stir in lemon rind and 1 tbs juice. Season. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in cheeses.
- Combine tomato, chilli, 1 tbs juice and 2 tsp oil in a bowl. Season.
- Brush 1 tortilla with olive oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Place tortilla, oil-side down, in pan. Spread with 1⁄4 of kale mixture. Top with a tortilla. Brush with oil. Press to seal. Cook, turning once, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to prepared tray and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining tortillas and kale mixture.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Sprinkle remaining cumin over pan. Crack eggs into pan. Cook, basting with oil once, for 3-4 minutes for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide quesadillas among plates. Top with eggs, tomato mixture and extra kale and herbs, if using.
Per serve - 34g protein * 38g Fat * 41g Carbs * 6g Fibre * 657 Calories