Source: Coles Magazine
Serves: 6 - Prep 30 min - Cook 35 mins
1 bunch English Spinach, stems trimmed
12 Chicken Thigh Fillets
280 g jar Coles Brand Sundried Tomato Strips, well drained
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1½ tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup Chicken Stock
2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan. Place spinach in a colander in the sink. Pour boiling water over to wilt leaves, then cool under running cold water. Drain well, and squeeze dry. Spread out the leaves on paper towels.
- Trim chicken, and lay out on a bench. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and use a rolling pin or meat mallet to beat out to an even thickness. Remove plastic and arrange spinach leaves over chicken. Lay a small pile of sundried tomato strips across the chicken at one end, then roll up to enclose. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan, and cook chicken in 2 batches for about 5 mins each, turning to brown evenly. Transfer to a baking tray, and set frypan aside. Bake chicken for 25 mins, until cooked through.
- When chicken is almost ready, reheat frypan over medium heat. Add lemon juice and balsamic vinegar, then stock and sugar. Bring to the boil, and cook for a few minutes, or until reduced by half.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks from the chicken, and cut into slices. Spoon a little of the glaze over.