Another recipe I was collecting in my cooking book, now on my Blog cooking book :)
Serves: 12 Prep 20 minutes + 25 min cooling & 2 1/2 hours chilling - Cooking 20 minutes
250 g pkt Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits
125 g butter, melted
250 g dark eating chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup thickened cream
125 g butter, extra, chopped
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tbsp Coles Finest Strawberry Jam
250 g strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan. Grease a 24cm (base measurement) loose-based fluted tart tin. Place on a baking tray.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add melted butter and process to combine. Transfer to prepared tin and use a spatula to spread and press over the base and side. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Stir chocolate, cream and extra butter in a medium saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes or until chocolate melts. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl for 3 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Gradually beat the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Pour into the biscuit base. Bake for 15 minutes or until filling is just set. Cool for 15 minutes. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Place jam in a small heatproof jug with 2 teaspoons of water. Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until jam melts. Strain and cool for 2 minutes. Arrange strawberry slices on tart. Brush with jam.
Per Serve: 437 Calories - 4.9g Protein - 30.6g Fat - 36.9g Carbs - 1g Fibre