40g (1/3 cup) sea salt flakes
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons roughly chopped basil
4 chicken marylands
240g fresh or frozen podded broad beans (see note)
160g fresh or frozen podded peas
125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
60g baby spinach
110g soft goat's cheese, crumbled
Herbed yoghurt (see note) (optional), to serve
- To marinate chicken, zest lemons. Juice 1 lemon and reserve juice. Reserve remaining lemon for another use. Place zest, salt, sugar, garlic and basil in a large bowl. Combine well. Add chicken, toss to coat, then stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to cook broad beans and peas, bring 2 saucepans of salted water to the boil. Add broad beans to 1 pan and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh in iced water, then drain again. Squeeze gently to remove outer skins, then discard. Set beans aside. Meanwhile, cook peas in second pan for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain, refresh in iced water, then drain again. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. To cook chicken, line a large oven tray with baking paper. Heat 60ml (1/4 cup) oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium–high heat. Brush excess salt mixture from chicken, then cook, skin-side down first, for 3 minutes each side or until light golden (take care as oil will spit). Transfer chicken, skin-side up, to prepared tray and roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make salad, place broad beans, peas, spinach, half the goat's cheese, reserved lemon juice and remaining 60ml (1/4 cup) oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss well to combine.
- Divide chicken and salad among plates, then scatter salad with remaining goat's cheese. Serve with herbed yoghurt, if using.