Another recipe I was collecting in my cooking book, now on my Blog cooking book :)
Source for recipe and photo: Fitness First Magazine Jan / Feb 2015Serves: 4
2 large eggplants
2 small onions
2 cloves garlic
1 punnet cocktail truss tomatoes
50g ligurian olives
1 punnet chives
1 punnet basil
50g parmesan cheese, grated
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 pack (20g) pine nuts
1/4 cup concentrated chicken stock
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup instant couscous
Knob of butter
1 head radicchio
Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 220C.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise. Cut about 1cm in from the edge and use a large spoon to scoop out the flesh so you have a 1cm thick shell. Place onto an oven tray, cover with foil and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Roughly chop eggplant flesh. Finely chop onions and garlic. Cut tomatoes into quarters. Remove pits from olives and chop the flesh. Chop chives and basil. Grate mozzarella and parmesan.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, 4–5 minutes. Add eggplant, garlic and tomatoes and cook until soft, 3–4 minutes. Stir through olives, chives, basil and mozzarella.
- Spoon filling into each eggplant shell. Sprinkle over breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Roast until cheese is golden, 5–8 minutes.
- Place pine nuts onto another oven tray and roast until fragrant and lightly browned, 2–3 minutes.
- Bring chicken stock and water to the boil in a small pot on high heat. Stir in couscous, remove from heat, cover and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up grains with a fork and mix through butter until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pull radicchio leaves apart and dress with extra virgin olive oil.
- To serve, place an eggplant on each plate with couscous and radicchio salad on the side. Sprinkle over pine nuts.