|Source: Flickr - Photographer: Jessica Spengler|
60g + 100g butter
400g mushrooms and funghi, a variety, chopped.
1 garlic glove, mashed
1 shallot, finely sliced
250ml vegetable stock
a handfull of chopped parsley and oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
50g of freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot. Add 20g of the butter, and saute mushrooms for around 5 minutes . Remove from heat and let it cool down a bit.
- Start on the polenta, cooking with 100g of butter as per package instructions.
- Place pan back on medium heat and add garlic and shallot. Once hot, add stock and oregano. bring to boil and then reduce heat and let it simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add remaining 40 g of butter .Once butter is melted, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle oregano on top.
- Serve on top of the oozy polenta, sprinkling with parmesan on top.