Source: Recipes + mag - November 2011
|Image Source: Foodtolove.com.au|
2 tbsp vegetable oil
500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 small brown onion, cut into wedges
250g green beans, halved crossways diagonally
1 small broccoli, cut into florets
1 large carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
1/3 cup bought lime, lemongrass and soy marinade
2 tbsp water
1/3 cup basil leaves, plus 1/4 cup small leaves extra
3 cups cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add half the oil; swirl to coat surface. Add chicken, in 2 batches; stir-fry 2-3 minutes each batch, or until just cooked. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add remaining oil, onion, beans, broccoli and carrot to wok; stir-fry 3 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Return chicken and resting juices to wok. Add marinade and water; stir-fry 2 minutes, or until heated. Add basil; toss to combine.
- Spoon rice into serving bowls; top with stir-fry. Serve sprinkled with extra basil.
Tips You'll need to cook about 1 cup jasmine rice
Have everything ready, then stir-fry just before serving.