Another recipe I was collecting in my cooking book, now on my Blog cooking book :)
Serves 4 - Prep & Cooking 55 minutes
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
300g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 egg whites
40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
125g (1/2 cup) reduced-fat fresh ricotta
250g zucchini, grated, moisture removed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
240g cherry truss tomatoes (see note)
Baby rocket leaves, to serve
Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the sweet potato for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic for 1 minutes or until aromatic.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites and flour in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in ricotta until just combined. Stir in the sweet potato mixture, zucchini, chives and parsley.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes or until just soft.
- Serve the slice with tomatoes, rocket and a drizzle of vinegar.