|Photo source: Taste website|
1 cup (200g) quinoa, rinsed, drained
2 large carrots, peeled, thinly sliced diagonally
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 cup (35g) shelled pistachios
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 lemon, zested, juiced
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup coriander leaves
100g marinated feta, crumbled
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan. Cover with 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 mins or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 15 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the carrot, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the honey and ½ tsp of the cumin. Cook, turning occasionally, for 15 mins or until the carrot begins to caramelise.
- Spread pistachios over a baking tray. Bake with the carrot for 5 mins or until lightly toasted. Coarsely chop pistachios.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the paprika and remaining cumin. Cook for 1 min or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Whisk in the lemon juice and remaining honey.
- Combine quinoa, carrot, pistachio, mint and coriander in a large bowl. Drizzle with the paprika mixture and toss to combine. Place on a serving plate. Top with feta and sprinkle with lemon zest.