|Source for Image: Taste.com.au|
4 (about 800g) brushed potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
415g can red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
3 Coles Brand Australian free range eggs
1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
2 cups (150g) panko breadcrumbs
Canola oil, or vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
2 bunches baby broccoli, ends trimmed, halved lengthways
200g snow peas, halved lengthways
2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
1 lemon, zested, juiced
Tartare sauce, to serve
- Place the potato in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 mins or until tender. Drain well. Use a fork to coarsely mash. Set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly.
- Add the salmon, spring onion and 1 lightly whisked egg to the potato mash. Stir to combine. Season. Divide mixture into 8 even portions and shape to form 6cm patties.
- Place the flour, 2 lightly whisked eggs and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Dip a salmon patty into the flour to lightly coat. Dip into the egg then roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach 1cm deep. Place over a medium heat. Add half the patties and cook for 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Meanwhile, cook the baby broccoli and snow peas in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 mins or until tender crisp. Drain well. Toss with the almond and lemon zest.
- Divide vegetables and salmon patties among serving plates. Serve with tartare sauce and drizzled with lemon juice.