|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
2 large beetroot
800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup (200g) pearl barley
1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup (70g) pistachios, toasted
2 (about 200g each) Coles Australian lamb backstraps
100g marinated fetta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180C. Wrap each beetroot in foil to enclose. Place on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray and drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil. Sprinkle with cumin and toss to combine. Roast pumpkin with the beetroot, turning once, for 30 mins or until tender. Set the beetroot and pumpkin aside to cool slightly.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the barley in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 20-25 mins or until tender. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- Process the parmesan, garlic, half the mint and half the pistachios in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream until combined.
- Heat a chargrill or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb for 3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thickly slice.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into wedges. Place in a bowl with the barley, pumpkin, remaining mint and remaining pistachios. Add half the pesto and toss to combine. Divide among serving dishes. Top with the lamb and fetta and drizzle with the remaining pesto.