Source: Woolworths Magazine December 2015 - Page 16
Recipe by Jamie Oliver
1 woolworths Pavlova base
4 ripe apricots
2 tipes nectarines or peaches
3 tbsp honey
1 dried bay leaf
200ml double cream
1 Vanilla por or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.
2. Halve and de-stone the apricots then halve, de-stone and cut the nectarines or peaches into wedges and place in a snug-fitting roasting dish.
3. Finely grate the orange zest onto a plate and set aside. squeeze the orange juice over the stone fruit,
Drizzle with the honey, then add the bay leaf and toss together well.
4. Arrange the fruit so it’s sitting cut-side up, then roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and sticky. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
5. When you’re ready to assemble the pavlova, whisk the cream to soft peaks.
6. Halve the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and fold into the cream with the yoghurt. Spoon the mixture onto the pavlova base, using the back of the spoon to make nice peaks.
7. Spoon the fruit wedges onto the yoghurt mixture and drizzle over any juices left in the tray.
8. Shell and chop the pistachios, so you have a mixture of larger and fine pieces, then scatter over the top of the pavlova with the orange zest. Serve straight away.
1. Make it your own by flavouring the fruit with different herbs and spices – try swapping the bay leaf for 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, or experiment with your own favourite combos