Woolworths Magazine - December 2015 - page 12
Jamie Oliver recipe for Christmas
500g green cabbage
200g chinese cabbage
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 good pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Start by finely shredding the cabbages, discarding the tough stalks – use a mandolin or food processor with a slicing attachment, or very finely slice with a knife.
2. Place in a large mixing bowl, pour in the white wine vinegar and the oil and toss to coat.
3. Toast the fennel seeds in a small dry pan over a medium heat. Tip into a pestle and mortar, add a good pinch of sea salt and grind until fine.
4. Sprinkle over the dressed cabbage with a good pinch of black pepper and toss everything together, working the dressing into the veg.
5. Finely shred the red cabbage and place in a separate mixing bowl. Dress with the red wine vinegar.
6. Toast the caraway seeds in a small dry pan over a medium heat, tip into a pestle and mortar and grind until fine. Sprinkle over the red cabbage along with the dried chilli and a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss together well.
7. Pick and finely chop the parsley, stalks and all, and when you are ready to serve, mix the cabbages and chopped parsley together and tuck in.
1. This slaw will keep for three days in the fridge, so knock up a big batch on christmas eve and it will last you for supper, the big day and for the leftover feast on boxing day, too!
Buen Dia & Welcome
Welcome to my Blog which now is mainly a digitalised cooking book (read about this blog).
I'm a mum of 2 beautiful kids, a wife, a digital pioneer, cook enthusiast, amateur photographer, internet lover and more.
I just want to give back the digital community, so that's how this blog started.
I'm always in the search for (new) stores that will deliver into Australia. It's usually cheaper to buy overseas than here (that'...
Source: Coles Magazine January / February 2016 - Page 17 image source: taste.com.au serves: 2 - Prep: 15 min - Cooking: 10 min Ingre...
I'm very into posting lists on the blog, so I thought I would research about the best ideas for bathroom storage and organisatio...
This morning I saw on tv again, a dietitian talking about Organic and Free-range and about the prices, and how nutritionally speaking doesn&...