Prep: 10 min - Cook: 10 min - Servings: 8
1/2 cup (120ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 x 180g skinless salmon fillets
8 slices sourdough bread, halved crossways
2 zucchinis (200g each), sliced lengthways on a mandolin
- Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, mix 1/3 cup (80ml) of the olive oil with dill, shallot and lemon zest. Coat salmon with 1 tablespoon of the dill oil. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Barbecue the salmon for 2 1/2 mins each side, or until char marks form and the salmon still has a rosy centre. Set the salmon aside.
- Meanwhile, brush bread with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Barbecue for 2 mins each side or until char marks form.
- Coat zucchini with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Barbecue for 1 1/2 mins each side or until char marks form and zucchini is crisp-tender. Arrange chunks of salmon on the bread with the zucchini.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice into the remaining dill oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more lemon juice, if necessary. Drizzle the dill-lemon sauce over the bruschetta and serve.