Finally Woolies came out with a new magazine! I missed it :)
Source: woolworths fresh magazine - March 2016 - page 8
Serves 12 - Prep 15 min - Cook 35 min
1 lemon, juiced
6 Royal gala apples
125g soft unsalted butter
1/3 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup ground hazelnuts or almonds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
Salted caramel sauce
80g soft unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup cream
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 190°c. Grease a 12-hole medium muffin tin.
2. Add lemon juice and 4 cups boiling water to a large heatproof bowl. Halve apples and remove cores using a melon baller or teaspoon. Slice apples crossways and place into the bowl of lemon water. Stand for 10 minutes to soften. Drain off water through a sieve. Leave apples to drain well and cool.
3. Meanwhile, beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined. Stir in ground nuts and cinnamon.
4. Cut each pastry sheet into three equal strips. Spread 1 tbs nut mixture over each pastry strip. Lay apple slices along the cut edge of the pastry so that the rounded sides are half over the edge. Fold the pastry up over the apple to meet the other edge.
5. Roll up from the short side to form a rose shape. Place into a muffin hole. Repeat with remaining pastry, nut mixture and apple. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and pastry is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, make the salted caramel sauce. Stir butter, sugar and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in sea salt flakes. Serve apple pastries while still warm drizzled with the salted caramel sauce.
Once frozen pastry has thawed, keep it cold so it is easier to handle.
Buen Dia & Welcome
Welcome to my Blog which now is mainly a digitalised cooking book (read about this blog).
I'm a mum of 2 beautiful kids, a wife, a digital pioneer, cook enthusiast, amateur photographer, internet lover and more.
I just want to give back the digital community, so that's how this blog started.
I'm always in the search for (new) stores that will deliver into Australia. It's usually cheaper to buy overseas than here (that'...
Source: Coles Magazine January / February 2016 - Page 17 image source: taste.com.au serves: 2 - Prep: 15 min - Cooking: 10 min Ingre...
I'm very into posting lists on the blog, so I thought I would research about the best ideas for bathroom storage and organisatio...
This morning I saw on tv again, a dietitian talking about Organic and Free-range and about the prices, and how nutritionally speaking doesn&...