Serves 4 - Prep 15 mins (+ 10 min chilling + 5 mins soaking time) - Cooking 10 mins
500g Coles Australian Extra Lean 5 Star Beef Mince
1 cup (70g) breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced diagonally
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup (120g) Coles Brand Australian Frozen Peas
1 cup (200g) Coles Brand Couscous
250g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup (130g) Coles Brand Hommus Dip
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Combine the mince, breadcrumbs, egg and 3 tsp of seasoning in a bowl. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mince mixture into balls. Place on a plate in fridge for 10 mins to chill.
- Place carrot on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil. Bake, turning, for 10 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 8 mins or until brown all over and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining seasoning to the pan and cook for 30 secs. Add 1 cup (250ml) water and the peas. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous and stir to combine. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to soak.
- Use a fork to separate the grains. Add carrot, beetroot, coriander and mint. Toss to combine. Spoon evenly among serving plates. Top with meatballs and dip. Serve with lemon wedges.