|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
125g butter, softened
3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
1 cup (250ml) mashed banana (about 2 large overripe bananas)
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
Crushed pretzels, to serve
1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
2 tablespoons thickened cream
2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and 2 long sides of a 10cm x 22cm (base measurement) loaf pan with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana and beat until just combined. Add the flour and sour cream and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 50 mins or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the caramel frosting, combine the sugar, butter and cream in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly. Add the icing sugar and stir to combine. Set frosting aside for 30 mins or until cooled completely and frosting has a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the caramel icing over the top of the banana cake. Top with crushed pretzels. Cut into slices to serve.