|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
150g oyster mushrooms or mixed mushrooms
2 tablespoons Squeaky Gate The All Rounder Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
400g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut crossways into 1cm strips
400g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
4 cups (1L) Australia’s Own Organic Chicken Style Stock
1 brown onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/4 cups (250g) SunRice Arborio Risotto Rice
1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
1/2 cup (40g) parmesan
1 teaspoon white vinegar
4 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
Thyme leaves, extra, to serve
Squeaky Gate The All Rounder Australian
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place the oyster mushrooms on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with 1 tsp of oil. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt half the butter in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add Swiss brown mushroom and thyme. Season. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until mushroom is browned and caramelised. Transfer to a plate.
- While mushroom is cooking, bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and keep at a gentle simmer.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in the saucepan. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 2 mins. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until grains appear glassy. Add the wine. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 mins or until absorbed. Add chicken and 1 cup (250ml) of the simmering stock, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the liquid is completely absorbed. Continue adding ½-cupfuls of stock, stirring after each addition until liquid is absorbed, for 20 mins or until rice is tender and risotto is creamy. Add the Swiss brown mushroom mixture. Remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the vinegar. Carefully crack the eggs into the water. Poach for 3-4 mins or until just set. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Divide risotto among serving bowls. Top with poached eggs, oyster mushrooms and extra thyme. Drizzle with a little extra oil to serve.