|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
2 tablespoons olive oil
600g Coles Australian Gravy Beef, cut into 5cm pieces
1 red capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
1 brown onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups (500ml) beef stock
400g can diced tomatoes
400g can kidney beans or black beans, rinsed, drained
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
8 mini tortillas
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
Steamed brown rice (optional), to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, turning, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the capsicum and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Return the beef to the pan. Add the stock and tomato and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Use tongs to transfer the beef to a bowl, then use two forks to coarsely shred.
- Return the beef to the pan. Add the beans and vinegar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins or until thickened slightly. Stir in the chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in the microwave following packet directions.
- Place the beef mixture in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with coriander leaves. Serve with tortillas, sour cream and steamed brown rice, if desired.