I'm omitting Bacon from the recipe
|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
550g Coles Australian Gravy Beef
800g can diced tomatoes
1 cup (250ml) dry red wine or beef stock
1 dried bay leaf
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon chopped oregano, coarsely
375g fresh lasagne sheets, thickly sliced lengthways
Shaved parmesan, to serve
Basil leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic and cook for 2 mins or until fragrant. Transfer onion mixture to a slow cooker.
- Increase heat to high. Add the beef and cook for 3 mins each side or until brown all over. Remove from heat and place the beef over the onion mixture. Pour over the tomato and wine or stock. Add bay leaf, tomato paste and oregano to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high (or 6-7 hours on low).
- Transfer the beef to a heatproof bowl. Use 2 forks to coarsely shred the beef. Return to the sauce. Taste and season.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with the ragu and sprinkle with parmesan and basil leaves.