Let's talk about getting fat. OMG! Nutella pastry
Source: Woolworths Fresh Magazine - December 2016 - Page 25
Prep: 10 min - Cook 30 min
3 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
150g hazelnut chocolate spread
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbs chopped shelled pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 210°c. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a 23cm cake tin as a template to cut a round from each pastry sheet.
2. Spread half of the chocolate spread over 2 of the pastry rounds, leaving a 1cm border. Place one onto tray. Top with the second round of pastry. Place remaining pastry round on top. Brush lightly with egg.
3. Place a 6cm pastry cutter or glass into the centre of the pastry. Press down gently to make an indent. Remove cutter or glass.
4. Starting from the outer edge, cut pastry into quarters, towards the centre and stopping at the indent. Now cut each quarter into 4 equal smaller petals to make 16 in total.
5. Lift 1 section up and twist 3 times clockwise, then replace it on tray. Lift the section next to the first and repeat twisting but in the opposite direction. Continue around until all sections are twisted.
6. Brush with a little more beaten egg. Brush centre circle with egg and sprinkle with pistachios.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.