|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
1/2 cup (100g) brown rice
2 teaspoons ground paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
4 (120g each) salmon fillets
400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 mangoes, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
1 avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
1 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
2 limes, zested, 1 juiced
2 tablespoons light olive oil
1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Cook rice following packet directions or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the paprika, cumin, thyme, oregano and celery salt in a medium bowl. Season. Add the salmon and toss to coat.
- Heat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill on medium. Add the salmon and cook for 3 mins each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the black beans, spring onion, mango, avocado, coriander and mint to the rice and gently toss to combine.
- Place the lime zest, 2 tbs lime juice, oil, chilli and sugar in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Drizzle over the rice salad. Coarsely flake the salmon and add to the rice salad. Gently toss to combine. Divide among serving dishes.