Source: Coles Magazine November 2016 - Page 81
|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
Serves: 4 - Prep: 15 mins - Cooking: 10 mins
600g firm tofu, cut crossways into 2cm-thick slices
1/3 cup (80ml) teriyaki marinade
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
1 tablespoon sesame oil
440g pkt wok-ready udon noodles
2 small carrots, cut into matchsticks
2 small Lebanese cucumbers, finely chopped
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 nori sheet, finely shredded
- Line a tray with paper towel. Place tofu, in a single layer, on paper towel. Top with more paper towel and press down gently to squeeze out excess moisture.
- Whisk the teriyaki marinade, honey, vinegar, ginger and half the oil in a bowl. Reserve half the mixture in a jug.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the tofu, brushing occasionally with remaining teriyaki mixture, for 2-3 mins each side or until golden.
- Meanwhile, soak the noodles following packet directions. Drain. Place noodles, carrot, cucumber, spring onion, two-thirds of the nori and the reserved marinade in a bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Divide the noodle salad among serving bowls. Top with the tofu and remaining nori.