Source: Coles | Taste Healthy Meals cook book, page 15
|Image Source: Taste.com.au|
Serves: 4 - Prep 15 mins - cooking 15 mins
4 x 200g chicken breast fillets
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
225g can pineapple slices in juice
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon caster sugar
2 teaspoons cornflour
4 cups steamed SunRice jasmine rice
1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
2 baby bok choy, halved, steamed
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthways. Rub chicken with 1/2 the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place capsicum and onion in a bowl. Add remaining oil. Toss to coat.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice.
- Combine reserved juice in a small saucepan with vinegar, sauces and sugar. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Blend cornflour with 1 tablespoon water in a small jug. Add to sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Cover to keep warm.
- Preheat a barbecue chargrill or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Add capsicum, onion and pineapple to chargrill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until vegetables are tender and pineapple is charred.
- Divide rice among serving plates. Top with chicken, vegetables and pineapple. Drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with bok choy.